Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Storage solutions

Fig 1.

Fig 2.

Fig 3.
How do you store over 12,000 Lego bricks and pieces? Pencil boxes and nut and bolt organizers. The blue bolt organizer (Fig 2.) I’ve had since January and its worked wonders since then, it has 30 small drawers that can be divided, and 9 large drawers that can also be divided. as my collection has grown so has my need to store all my pieces, I picked up some pencil boxes (Fig 1.) yesterday at my local Walmart, as they were marked down to 25 cents, what a steal, I was able to get 20 for 5 dollars, (my little brother took 2), they fit wonderfully between my bolt organizer and the wall, and they interlock with one another. I don’t have the room to store sets intact, so after a while I tear them down into a box, until I can slowly organize them. Organization takes a long time when you don’t have the room to pull all your boxes out and sort each piece you pick up. I have to get one box down and search for pieces that go in that box only. the small black bolt organizer (Fig 3.) was also picked up at my local Walmart a couple months ago, it contains pieces I don’t often use such as; pneumatic valves, pumps, cylinders, and shock absorbers are stored in this organizer. These boxes and organizers will be filled before I buy anything else to sort my pieces into. Until next time check out the links in the right margin and remember, if you can dream it, you can build it.

2 comments:

  1. So impressive! I bet there are all kinds of people who can use this idea for organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I am always looking for ways to organize my child's toys. What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete